Sunday, March 22, 2009

34 days and counting!

It's been an eventful week! Lee was on spring break this week. Unfortunately for him, the weather wasn't very nice. Fortunately for me and BP, he was confined to our condo putting "baby stuff" together! As you can tell by the picture below, he's gotten a little too into the "nesting" process. This is one of BP's towels if Big Daddy doesn't steal it! (Thanks Bart & Billie!) On Tuesday we had a Dr.'s appointment and had our first "hiccup." After a high blood pressure reading and too much protein in my urine, I was sent to the lab for an exciting 24 hour urine collection. The Dr. assured us that BP was great; his heartbeat was super and he responded to her pressure. We asked what worse case scenario would be... (note to self: don't do that again) and she said that if the levels were the same that she would consider inducing me. I don't know if that helped me focus on my needs for the next two days or made my blood pressure even worse. Lee eased my worries when every day I came home to a new completed project. After labs were completed, I returned to the Dr. Friday and everything came back perfect and my blood pressure was fine! Whew! I still have swelling and the sciatic nerve pain is in full force, but I feel great! I have four days of school before my spring break! I am looking forward to getting everything in place then. We hope to be moving out of our condo soon so we are not ordering the crib and nursery decor quite yet. We have; however, converted a spare bedroom into a temporary nursery!

Big Daddy's a little on edge after completing his weekly projects! He keeps yelling Spring Break 09!

We purchased a rocker and converted our book shelf into a baby storage center. Lee also put together the Pack N' Play/Bassinet to make sure everything was working!

We may not have diapers yet but our baby's bed is ready (Thanks to my good friend and colleague Jenn who is lending us her precious bassinet). Lee had quite the time with the skirt! I wish I could have been a mouse in the corner when he was putting it together. You can barely see it but below the bassinet is an afghan my grandmother knitted for a future great grandbaby before she passed away.

This picture was taken looking out the nursery window! We could actually see the shuttle after take off from the Kennedy Space Center, about 3 hours away from WP.

2 comments:

Reg said...

Nice job Lee...the nursery looks great! I can't believe how fast time has gone by and that we are actually counting the days! xoxo!

Anonymous said...

My favorite picture is definitely of Lee in the shark outfit. Too funny! Nurseys are kind of interesting, babies are little and just need a small place to sleep, it's funny how we devote an entire room to them!